What to Bring & Class Etiquette
What to Bring:
- Please bring a yoga or exercise mat. There are spares available to use and good quality mats for sale at the hall.
- Wear loose clothes or tights that enable you to move freely.
- Optional: water bottle and blanket (for relaxation).
- Yoga props such as strap and blocks are available but please bring your own if you have them.
- Payment (cheque or cash ~ change is available)
Class Etiquette ~ For the enjoyment and Serenity of All, please…
- Avoid wearing scented products (perfume, shampoo, lotion, deodorant etc) as some folks may be sensitive or allergic.
- Please be 5 to 15 minutes early to change, use the bathroom and settle in.
- If you are new to these classes, please be at least 15 minutes early to fill out the intake form.
- Please turn off cell phones, pagers and beeping watches before class.
- Classes are 1 1/2 hours long. If you need to leave early, please inform the instructor beforehand.
- Please let the instructor know if you have any medical conditions, have had recent surgery or are pregnant.
- Near the entrance is a bag of yoga straps, a box of blocks and a bag of eye bags. Please pick up one of each on your way in. Afterwards return items neatly folded.
- Generally classes are done in silence, but feel free to ask questions any time.
- Constructive feedback after class is always welcome.
- Yoga should be done on an empty stomach.
- It is advisable for jewelry to be removed for yoga.
- Snoring during relaxation can be disruptive to others. If you are a snorer, please try another position (lying on your side or seated in meditation.)